Current Affairs for Defence Exams – 30th December 2018 – English
The General Awareness Section of Defence Exams covers numerous sections in it like History, Static GK, and Current Affairs. But the most important thing that you might have noticed is that Static Awareness questions asked in the General Awareness Section are based on Current Affairs only. The questions on Static Awareness are related to the countries, events or anything that has been in news for a while. Here is the Daily GK Update comprising of Current Affairs Important for upcoming Defence Exams to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!!
Current Affairs 30 December 2018 for Defence Exams
1. International Camel festival to be held at Bikaner from 12 Jan 2019
The 26th International Camel Festival will be held in Bikaner, Rajasthan on January 12 and 13, 2019.
- On the second day of the festival, heritage walk will be organized from the Rampuriya Haveli to Bikaji’s Tekri, in which the tourists will be welcomed by the city’s architecture, art, culture, customs and recipes.
2. Seventh Phase of Electoral Bonds to go on Sale from 1 Jan
The State Bank of India (SBI), in the VII Phase of sale of Electoral Bonds, has been authorised to issue and encash Electoral Bonds through its 29 Authorised Branches w.e.f. January 01 – 10, 2019.
- Electoral bonds are alternatives to cash donations made to political parties that were introduced in 2018 as part of the government’s efforts to bring transparency in political funding.
- These are short-term bonds that are valid for 15 calendar days, where the holders do not earn any interest (coupon rate).
In the last six phases till November 2018, electoral bonds aggregated up to Rs 1,056.73 crore from purchases made by citizens or entities.
3. Cabinet approved the draft National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill
The Union Cabinet approved the draft National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill, 2018. The Bill seeks to replace the existing regulator Central Council of Homoeopathy with a new body to ensure transparency and accountability. The Bill aims to bring reforms in the medical education of Homoeopathy.
- The Bill also aims at bringing reforms in the medical education of homoeopathy in line with the National Medical Commission proposed for setting up for allopathy system of medicine. The draft Bill provides for the constitution of a National Commission with three autonomous boards entrusted with the conduct of education of Homoeopathy by Homoeopathy Education Board.
4. ISRO chairman K.Sivan was awarded gold medal by SSI
ISRO chairman K.Sivan was presented the National Systems Gold Medal by the Systems Society of India (SSI) during the 42nd National Systems Conference held in Thiruvananthapuram.
- The medal acknowledges his outstanding contributions to system science and engineering. B.N. Suresh, the Chancellor, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), presented the medal at a function held at the VSSC.
5. Telangana State cancer institute achieved two world records
Telangana State Department of Health, Medical and Family Welfare and the MNJ Institute of Oncology achieved two world records, the Guinness World Records and High Range World Records by the cancer institute. Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has congratulated and described it as one of the biggest achievements for Telangana government. MNJ is the first and only government hospital to achieve two world records.
- MNJ Institute of Oncology organized the largest men’s gathering of health awareness on prostrate cancer in Hyderabad on October 26 this year. The awareness programme, held on Cancer Day, saw the participation of 487 men.
6. Cabinet approved the submission of India’s second BUR to UNFCCC
The Union Cabinet approved the submission of India’s second Biennial Update Report (BUR) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). BUR has been prepared based on a range of studies conducted at the national level. The scope of BUR is to provide an update to India’s first BUR to UNFCCC.
The Five major components of Biennial Update Report (BUR):
♦ National Circumstances
♦ National Greenhouse Gas Inventory
♦ Mitigation Actions
♦ Technology and Capacity Building Needs and Support Received Domestic Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) arrangement
7. Gaganyaan: Centre Approves Rs 10,000 Crore For Human Space Mission
The Union Cabinet approved the Gaganyaan project under which a three-member crew will be sent to space for at least seven days, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad stated.
The project will cost INR 10,000 crore.
- The Gaganyaan project was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech.
8. Turkmenistan Launches First Messaging App
Turkmenistan launched its first messaging app BizBarde.
The privately developed BizBarde app will allow the exchange of messages, files, photos and videos, the state Yaslyk television station announced.
9. Nepal Caps Expenditure of Its Citizens in India
Nepal imposed a monthly limit on the amount of Indian currency its citizen can spend in India.
- A spokesperson of the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) stated that a Nepali citizen would be unable to spend more than INR 1 lakh per month while paying for goods and services in India.
The decision was taken to address the country’s current account deficit.
10. Women’s National Boxing Championship to begin from 31 Dec in Karnataka
The tournament will be held at the JSW Sports’ Inspire Institute of Sports, which was recently inaugurated by Olympic gold-medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra.
- The championship will feature more the 300 of the nation’s best female boxers, aged between 19 and 40, across 10 weight categories.
You may also like to read:
1. Current Affairs Quiz
2. Reasoning Series Notes and Questions for Defence Exams
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!