Current Affairs for Defence Exams – 4 January 2019 – English
Current Affairs is an important subject in various exams like Navy AA, Navy SSR, Air-Force, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, CAPF and other Defence Exams. You cannot master current affairs in one day and so you need to prepare them regularly. Here at DefencePrep, we provide you with the Current Affairs based on daily event affairs that are important for your exams.
1. Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair declared as an authorized Immigration Check post.
Information, Public Relations and Tourism Division of Andaman and Nicobar Administration announced that the Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair will be an authorized Immigration Check post.
- Superintendent of Police (CID), Andaman and Nicobar Police has been appointed as the ‘Civil Authority’ for the purpose of the immigration check post.
- This would work as an entry into/exit point from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers.
2. IIT Professor awarded with the National Geospatial Award for Excellence
Jayanta Kumar Ghosh, a professor at the civil engineering department of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Roorkee, was conferred the National Geospatial Award for Excellence-2017 (Lifetime Achievement Award) at the Space Application Centre in Ahmedabad.
- The Indian Society for Remote Sensing is an organisation known in the area of space science, remote sensing and geo-spatial technology.
3. Haryana government approved 11 projects to resurrect Saraswati river.
Haryana Saraswati Heritage Development Board (HSHDB) met under the chairmanship of chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar and approved 11 major projects, including the restoration of heritage sites, along the course of the river.
- These include the construction of Somb Saraswati barrage, Saraswati reservoir and Adi Badri dam on Somb river, a tributary of the Yamuna that originates in the Shivalik Hills.
4. CM N.Chandrababu Naidu launched Prana Raksha app of police
Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched the Prana Raksha web application developed by the Chittoor police at Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh. The app has been designed to save the lives of road accident victims and reach out to women in distress.
- The Prana Raksha app, which works on the SoS and panic button features, would enable users to immediately contact the police.
- Keeping in mind the 8 national highways and 26 State highways connected to the neighbouring Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, while thousands of inter-State pilgrims reach Tirumala daily, the app has been designed to view the alarming rate of accidents on these roads.
5. Mysuru aims for 7 star rating under the Swachh Bharat Mission
The Mysuru City Corporation (MCC) aims for a 7-star under the Swachh Bharat Mission 2019. Under this mission, the garbage-free cities will be awarded star ratings as per the revised protocols of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- The new survey is launched across the country from 4th January 2019. MoHUA has set various parameters such as door-to-door garbage collection, waste disposal, scientific handling of landfills, disposal of construction and demolition debris, and segregation of waste at the source for the rankings.
- As per the vision enunciated under the Swachh Bharat Mission, 100% of waste generated in a city should be scientifically managed, and measures are taken for visible beautification of the city.
6. Saurabh Kumar appointed as Chairman Of Ordnance Factory Board
Saurabh Kumar appointed as the Director General of Ordnance Factories (DGOF) and chairman of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB). Kumar, a 1982-batch Indian Ordnance Factory Service officer, is an M-Tech in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur.
7. Virat Kohli fastest to 19000 international runs, breaks Sachins record
Indian cricket team captain, Virat Kohli beats Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar’s to become the fastest batsman to score 19000 international runs on the 1st day of 4th Test Match in Sydney against Australia.
- Virat Kohli crossed 19000 runs mark in 399 innings whereas Sachin Tendulkar took 432 innings to score 19000 runs.
8. Improved LCA Tejas gets approved for production
Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas progressed towards manufacture in an enhanced, battle standard format on December 31. The LCA is being designed and developed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) in Bengaluru.
- A new limited clearance from military airworthiness certifier CEMILAC for the Indian fighter green-lights its production in a superior lethal version. HAL aims to get the first aircraft out in late 2019.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has asked Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to make 40 LCA aircraft. Of this, 20 will be in the advanced Final Operational Clearance (FOC) format. Another 20 are in the earlier Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) version. The IAF has modified and upgraded its trainer requirement in its old package order of 40 LCA aircraft.
9. Chang e 4 lunar probe landed on far side of the moon
Chang’e-4 lunar probe, a Chinese space probe, touched down on the far side of the moon. The probe, which has a lander and a rover, that was launched in December made the soft landing and transmitted the first-ever close-range image of the far side of the moon. It touched down at a targeted area near the moon’s south pole in the Von Karman Crater.
- The purpose of the Chang’e-4 includes astronomical observation, surveying the moon’s terrain, landform, and mineral makeup, and measuring the neutron radiation and neutral atoms to study the environment of its far side.
- The moon is tidally locked to Earth, rotating at the same rate as it orbits our planet, so most of the far side or dark side is never visible to us. Previous spacecraft have seen the far side, but none has landed on it. China’s space agency hailed the event as a historic first and a major achievement for the country’s space program.
[whatsappsupport number=”917705960306″ text=”Join us on WhatsApp!” text-color=”#fff” text-bold=”700″ bg-color=”#22c15e” message=”Hello…” ]
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!