Current Affairs is an important subject in various exams like Navy AA, Navy SSR, Air-Force, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, CAPF and other Defence Exams. You cannot master current affairs in one day and so you need to prepare them regularly. Here at DefencePrep, we provide you with the Current Affairs based on daily event affairs that are important for your exams.
1. BCCI announces cash awards for triumphant Team India members
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced cash awards of Rs 15 lakh per match for each of the playing eleven that featured in India’s maiden Test Cricket series win on Australian soil.
- Virat Kohli and his team defeated Australia 2-1 in the four-match Test series, ending India’s 71-year-old wait for the rare achievement.
- Congratulating the team, the BCCI also announced cash awards of seven and a half lakh rupees for all the reserve players, as well as the members of the support staff.
2. Jana Small Finance Bank Launches Current Account with Unique Auto-Sweep Facility
Jana Small Finance Bank launched Current Account with Auto-Sweep facility.
- The facility will enable bank’s existing and potential new customers to auto sweep-in and sweep-out the idle funds in the current account to Sweep Fixed Deposit and earn high interest.
- For a tenor of 365 days on sweep deposit, the customers will be able to earn interest of 8.5 percent.
3. NHAI collaborate with Oil Marketing Companies for issuance of FASTags through petroleum retail outlets
Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL), a company promoted by NHAI, has signed MOUs with state-run Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, BPC, and HPC). It will ensure availability of FASTags at petroleum outlets across India.
- Indian highways management company ltd. (IHMCL) had launched the national electronic toll collection program (NETC) under the brand name “FASTag” in April 2016. This program has gain success and running at 450 toll plaza along with national highway and selected state toll plazas.
- The enhanced adoption of FASTag program will increase user convenience by offering seamless toll-fee payments at Plazas and thus help save time, money and fuel.
- IHMCL is also planning to launch two mobile applications named MYFASTag and IHMCLPOS , will enable customers to link the FASTags with their preferred bank account.
4. Reliance Jio introduces Kumbh Jio Phone app for pilgrims
Reliance Jio Infocomm launched the Kumbh JioPhone application, specially designed for millions of pilgrims who will congregate during this year’s Ardh Kumbh Mela at Prayagraj.
- The new app which will be available to both existing and new JioPhone users will contain information on Kumbh, real-time travel information (special trains, buses etc.), booking tickets and receiving updates, ‘Yatri Ashray’ at stations, emergency helpline numbers, area routes and maps, pre-published bath and religious day schedules and railway camp mela.
- The new app has a feature called ‘Khoya Paya’ that will help users stay close to near and dear ones by finding their exact location.
5. Vikram Misri takes charge as India’s new envoy to China
A 1989-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, Vikram Misri replaced Gautam Bambawale, who had retired in November.
- Misri has previously served as the Indian envoy to Myanmar, as well as in various capacities at the headquarters of the Ministry of External Affairs and Prime Minister’s Office.
- He has also served in various Indian Missions in Europe, Africa, Asia and North America.
[whatsappsupport number=”917705960306″ text=”Join us on WhatsApp!” text-color=”#fff” text-bold=”700″ bg-color=”#22c15e” message=”Hello…” ]
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!