In this article, we are sharing the complete details about the Eligibility Criteria for Navy SSR, Age limit for the Navy SSR, Exam details of Navy SSR, Navy SSR Syllabus, Navy SSR Education Qualification, Exam Date, Age limit and Navy SSR Selection Process, etc.
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply till 18 November 2019.
For SSR:- Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India
Age limit for Navy SSR
- Candidate age should be between 17 to 20 on the day of enrollment.
- Computer-based test
- Physical test
- Medical test
- Candidate needs to appear for the online test. Which is called the Computer-based Test (CBT)
- The question paper would have 100 questions.
- The time duration of 1 hour.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- For each right answer, the candidate will be given 1 marks
- And for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
After the test merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance. Qualified candidates will be eligible to go for the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and medical test.
Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection. PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
Visual Standards (Distant vision only:-
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
- General Knowledge
Now let’s discuss the syllabus in detail.
English– passage, preposition, correction of sentence , change active to passive, passive to active voice, change direct to in direct, indirect to direct, verbs/tense/non finite, punctuation.
Math– relation and function, logarithm, complex numbers, quadratic equation, sequence and series, trigonometry, the Cartesian system of rectangular coordinates straight lines family of straight lines circles, etc. for the complete syllabus of maths you have to study from the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th.
Science– physical world and measurement, kinematic laws of motion, work, energy and power, the system of particles and rigid body gravitation. A mechanic of solids and fluids, heat, thermodynamics, oscillation and waves, electrostatics and current electricity. for the complete syllabus of science, you have to study from the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th
General Knowledge– there is no particular syllabus for this. Questions can be asked from anywhere, so prepare for each and every topic regarding general knowledge. You can buy books for this from the market. The question would be asked from this syllabus up to 10+2 level. You can prepare for this through your NCERT books or you can buy books of Navy SSR/AA.
- Go to the official website of the Indian Navy joinindiannavy.gov.in and register yourself.
- Then log in to your account
- Then click on the “current opportunity” and apply online.
- Do accordingly as said in the instruction.
- Scanned passport size photo
- Scanned signature,
- Scanned thumb impression
- High school mark sheet
- Intermediate mark sheet
- Caste certificate ( for OBC & SC-ST)
You can Avail our Service:-
For studying and practicing for defence examination- Click Here