Vocabulary for Defence Exams Day 11
Vocabulary plays an important role in building confidence over English section for Defence exams as Vocabulary is the key player. The Hindu Vocabulary, the most useful Vocabulary words from The Hindu Editorial section. English section in every Defence exam has a few questions based on Vocabulary. Here we provide daily 10 words to build your Vocab Power and help you gain good marks in this section. We are providing a few vocabulary words for Vocabulary for Defence Exams.
We publish Daily Vocabulary notes for you so don’t forget to subscribe and share.
1. Blitzkrieg (noun): A rapid or overwhelming outpouring of many things at once. (एक साथ कई चीजों का तेजी से बौछाड़)
Synonyms: Bombardment, Cannonade, Fusillade, Salvo
Antonyms: Dribble, Drip, Trickle
Example: The stunned survivors of the crash were then confronted with a blitzkrieg of insensitive questions from the media.
2. Aplomb (noun): Self-confidence or assurance, especially when in a demanding situation. (शान्तचित्तता)
Synonyms: Poise, Sangfroid, Equanimity, Imperturbability
Antonyms: Gaucheness, Insecurity, Anxiety, Diffidence
Example: Youʼve handled a difficult situation with perfect aplomb.
3. Caveat (noun): A warning to consider something before taking any more action, or a statement that limits a more general statement. (चेतावनी, आपत्ति सूचना)
Synonyms: Proviso, Warning, Caution, Admonition, Limitation
Example: The caveat of the contract includes a penalty fee if the loan is not repaid on time.
4. Exude (verb): To openly display an emotion or quality. (भावना व्यक्त करना)
Synonyms: Emanate, Radiate, Exhibit, Demonstrate
Antonyms: Absorb, Conceal, Hold, Assimilate
Example: People from Barbados exude warmth and friendliness.
Related: Exuded, Exuded
5. Byzantine (adj): Excessively complicated, and typically involving a great deal of administrative detail. (पेचीदा, जटिल)
Synonyms: Convoluted, Daedal, Intricate, Involute, Tortuous
Antonyms: Simplistic, Plain, Uncomplicated
Example: Meg had several questions after reading the byzantine document.
6. Ferment (noun): A disturbed or uneasy state. (ऊफान, उबाल)
Synonyms: Ruckus, Agitation, Turmoil, Perturbation
Antonyms: Calm, Peacefulness, Quiet, Tranquillity
Example: The city was in ferment as its residents nervously awaited the outcome of the referendum vote.
7. Incendiary (adj): Designed to cause fires. (आगलगाऊ, दाहक)
Synonyms: Arsonist, Inflammatory, Combustible, Kindler, Explosive
Example: More than 10,000 incendiary bombs were dropped.
8. Botch (verb): Carry out (a task) badly or carelessly. (फूहड़ तरीके से या ढिलाई से काम करना)
Synonyms: Fumble, Bungle, Mishandle, Mismanage
Antonyms: Better, Enhance, Rectify, Refine
Example: The first time we tried to make a cake, we botched the job completely.
Related: Botched, Botched
9. Vindictive (adj): Having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge. (प्रतिशोधी, बदला लेनेवाला)
Synonyms: Spiteful, Vengeful, Retaliatory, Inimical
Antonyms: Merciful, Compassionate, Altruist, Magnanimous
Example: Throwing eggs at your neighbor’s house because he drove into your flowerbed is an example of vindictive behavior.
10. Counterfeit (adj): The state or condition of being equal, especially as regards status or pay. (नक़ली, जाली)
Synonyms: Bogus, Phoney, Spurious, Sham, Forged
Antonyms: Authentic, Bona Fide, Genuine, Real, Unfaked
Example: The man was arrested for making counterfeit money.
You may also like to read:
1. Reasoning Coding Decoding Notes and Questions for Defence Exams
2. Current Affairs for Defence Exams – 31st December 2018
3. English Questions for NDA, Navy SSR & Air-Force Exam
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!