Dear Students, DefencePrep is providing you all with Daily Vocabulary Words for Navy AA, Navy SSR, Air Force X and Y Group Exam and also all other Defence Examinations. One can attempt the maximum number of questions in the minimum time in the English section of defence competitive exams. If you have the basics of the important topics of English Language all groups, you can definitely score good marks in the upcoming defence examinations. Practicing daily with daily quizzes provided on DefencePrep not only ensures good marks in this section but also strengthens your chances of getting through the above-mentioned defence examinations.
1. Ludicrous (adj): So foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing. (ऊटपटांग, उपहासपूर्ण)
Synonyms: Farcical, Preposterous, Asinine, Ridiculous
Antonyms: Sensible, Logical, Reasonable, Solemn
Example: The ludicrous movie is about a dog that becomes the president of a country.
2. Amnesty (noun): An official pardon for people who have been convicted of political offences. (सबकी माफ़ी, सर्व-क्षमा)
Synonyms: Pardon, Absolution, Reprieve, Clemency
Antonyms: Retribution, Castigation, Punishment, Chastisement
Example: The president upset millions of voters when he announced a plan to offer amnesty to illegal immigrants so they could become citizens.
3. Cryptic (noun): Having a meaning that is mysterious or obscure. (रहस्यमय, छिपा हुआ)
Synonyms: Abstruse, Arcane, Oracular, Enigmatic
Antonyms: Lucid, Perspicuous, Pellucid, Evident
Example: Although Laura had a major in archaeology, she could not understand the cryptic symbols on the cave walls.
4. Paranoia (noun): An extreme and unreasonable feeling that other people do not like you or are going to harm or criticize you: (संविभ्रम, पागलपन, मानसिक विक्षेप)
Synonyms: Schizophrenia, Derangement, Psychosis, Insanity, Dementia
Example: Because Hank suffers from paranoia, he always thinks people are conspiring against him.
5. Fly in the face of (idiom): To be or act in clear opposition to something else. (के स्पष्ट विपरीत होना,)
Synonyms: Defy, Contradict, Contravene, Oppose, Challenge
Antonyms: Support, Comply, Conformity
Example: The plan to sell rhino horn flies in the face of the international ban.
6. Generous (adj): Showing a readiness to give more of something, especially money, than is strictly necessary or expected. (दानशील, उदार)
Synonyms: Magnanimous, Munificent, Beneficent, Altruistic
Antonyms: Niggard, Parsimonious, Stingy, Penurious
Example: The generous old woman decided to donate twenty five dollars to our organization even though we only asked for ten.
7. Enunciate (verb): To state something clearly and often officially: (स्पष्ट उच्चारण करना)
Synonyms: Articulate, Promulgate, Propound, Proclaim
Antonyms: Stammer, Mumble, Conceal, Falter
Example: The administration enunciated a new policy on security issues
Related: Enunciated, Enunciated
8. Shun (verb): To avoid something: (से दूर रहना, त्यागना, परहेज करना)
Synonyms: Spurn, Escape, Eschew, Evade
Antonyms: Accept, Embrace, Pursue, Seek
Example: He shuns parties and social events.
Related; Shunned, Shunned
9. Explicit (adj): Stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt. (स्पष्ट रूप से)
Synonyms: Specific, Unambiguous, Unequivocal, Precise
Antonyms: Implicit, Vague, Indefinite, Ambiguous
Example: Instructions should be explicit about what to do in an emergency.
10. Rationale (noun): The reasons or intentions that cause a particular set of beliefs oractions: (मूल कारण, तर्क)
Synonyms: Reason, Explanation, Justification, Principle
Example: The rationale for the intense scrutiny at airports is to prevent hijackers from taking over airplanes.
[whatsappsupport number=”917705960306″ text=”Join us on WhatsApp!” text-color=”#fff” text-bold=”700″ bg-color=”#22c15e” message=”Hello…” ]
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!