Vocabulary for Defence Exams Day 15
Dear Students, DefencePrep is providing you all with Daily Vocabulary Words for Navy AA, Navy SSR, Air Force X and Y Group Exam and also all other Defence Examinations. One can attempt the maximum number of questions in the minimum time in the English section of defence competitive exams. If you have the basics of the important topics of English Language all groups, you can definitely score good marks in the upcoming defence examinations. Practicing daily with daily quizzes provided on DefencePrep not only ensures good marks in this section but also strengthens your chances of getting through the above-mentioned defence examinations.
1. Piqued (verb) : (To excite or arouse especially by a provocation, challenge, or rebuff) (रुचि या जिज्ञासा जगाना)
Synonyms: Aggravate, Exasperate, Frost, Rouse
Antonyms: Appease, Conciliate, Mollify, Oblige, Pacify, Placate
Example: Hopefully the movie trailer will pique the interest of moviegoers and motivate them to buy tickets to see the film.
Verb forms: Pique, Piqued, Piqued
Related words: Unpiqued, (adjective) Pique (noun)
2. Ramparts (noun) : (A tall, thick stone or dirt wall that is built around a castle, town, etc., to protect it from attacks) (प्राचीर, एक सुरक्षा अवरोधक)
Synonyms: Fortification, Occlusion, Barricade, Concealment,
Antonyms: Ditches, Entrance
Example: Without a rampart built around the area to protect the kingdom, the empire was susceptible to attacks from outsiders
Verb forms: Rampart, Ramparted, Ramparted
Related words: Rampart (verb) (fortify or surround with), बचाव
3. Piloted (verb) : (To act as a guide to) (संचालित, मार्ग दिखलाना)
Synonyms: Coach, Counsel, Lead, Mentor, Guide,
Antonyms: Follow, Trail, Hound, Ungoverned
Example: He skillfully piloted the ship into port during the storm.
Verb forms: Piloted, Piloted, Piloted
Related words: Pilotless (adjective) pilot (noun) (a person who flies an airplane, helicopter,)
4. Deployed (verb) : (To spread out, utilize, or arrange for a deliberate purpose) (तैनात करना, लगाना)
Synonyms: Dispensed, Extended, Positioned
Antonyms: Concealed, Disarranged, Dismissed
Example: Both campaigns are deploying volunteers to the cities to encourage people to vote.
Verb forms: Deploy, Deployed, Deployed
Related words: Deployable (adjective) deployment (noun)
5. Resilience (noun) : (An ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change) (सहनशीलता, रहने की शक्ति, आंतरिक बल)
Synonyms: Flexibility, Elasticity, Adaptability, Suppleness
Antonyms: Rigidity, Obduracy, Pessimism, Incompliance
Example: Despite a cancer diagnosis, Mohan would remain resilient and fight until the very end.
Related words: Resilient (adjective,)
6. Bottleneck (noun) : (A situation that causes delay in a process or system.) (बाधा)
Synonyms: Surfeit, Jam-Up, Snarl, Tailback, Congestion, Impediment
Antonyms: Clearage, Purge, Lacuna
Example: Bridge construction has created a bottleneck on the southern part of Main Street.
Related words: Bottleneck (to be or cause an obstruction in) verb
7. Spur (verb) : (To incite to action or accelerated growth or development) (प्रोत्साहित करना)
Synonyms: Goad, Provoke, Stimulate, Impel, Inspire, Induce, Instigate.
Antonyms: Discourage, Deterrent, Encumbrance, Inhibition
Example: When the recruiter spoke to the students, he hoped his talk would spur some of the young people into entering the military.
Verb forms: Spur, Spurred, Spurred
Related words: On the spur of the moment (phrase- without deliberation; impulsively; suddenly:), win one’s spurs, phrase ( to achieve distinction or success for the first time; prove one’s ability or worth:), spurless, (adjective) spurrer, (noun)
8. Prevailing (adjective) : (Existing at a particular time; current.) (विद्यमान, प्रचलित)
Synonyms: Prevalent, Widespread, Conventional, Regnant
Antonyms: Outcast, Vintage, Antiquated, Obsolescent
Example: Truth and justice usually prevail at the end of all superhero movies.
Verb forms: Prevail, Prevailed, Prevailed
Related words: Prevailingly, (adverb) prevailingness, (noun)
9. Takeaway (noun) : (A key fact, point, or idea to be remembered, typically one emerging from a discussion or meeting.) (विचार को याद किया जाना)
Synonyms: Carryout, Idea, Carry Through, Satiate
Antonyms: Deprive, Bereave, Restrain
Example: The takeaway was that we had to do a lot more work on the proposal before it could be shown to the governing board.
Related words: Takeaway (adjective) (of or relating to what is or can be taken away)
10. Exploit (verb) : (To make use of meanly or unfairly for one’s own advantage) (लाभ उठाना, काम लेना, उपभोग करना)
Synonyms: Leverage, Pimp, Tour De Force, Maneuver
Antonyms: Ignore, Neglect; Misapply, Desolation,
Example: By hiding her money in a foreign bank, Varsha hopes to exploit the country’s low tax rates.
Verb forms: Exploit, Exploited, Exploited
Related words: Exploitability, exploiter (noun) exploitable (adjective)
[whatsappsupport number=”917705960306″ text=”Join us on WhatsApp!” text-color=”#fff” text-bold=”700″ bg-color=”#22c15e” message=”Hello…” ]
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!