Dear Students, DefencePrep is providing you all with Daily Vocabulary Words for Navy AA, Navy SSR, Air Force X and Y Group Exam and also all other Defence Examinations. One can attempt the maximum number of questions in the minimum time in the English section of defence competitive exams.
If you have the basics of the important topics of English Language all groups, you can definitely score good marks in the upcoming defence examinations. Practicing daily with daily quizzes provided on DefencePrep not only ensures good marks in this section but also strengthens your chances of getting through the above-mentioned defence examinations.
1. Saddle with (phrasal verb): Burden (someone) with an onerous responsibility or task. (जिम्मेदारी डालना/ लादना)
Synonyms: Freight, Lumber, Burden, Laden, Encumber
Antonyms: Lighten, Disburden, Unload, Relieved
Example: Why do you always saddle yourself with so much school work?
2. Budge (verb): Make or cause to make the slightest movement. (हिलना)
Synonyms: Locomote, Move, Shift, Stir
Antonyms: Stabilize, Freeze, Still, Stay
Example: He finally budged from his beach blanket when the tide started swirling up around him.
Related: Budged, Budged
3. Ramification (noun): A complex or unwelcome consequence of an action or event. (जटिलता, परिणाम, नतीजा)
Synonyms: Implication, Aftermath, Consequence, Repercussion, Result
Antonyms: Cause, Origin, Source
Example: Jason was shocked when he learned the ramification of his cheating was immediate expulsion from the university.
4. Furtive (adjective): Done in a quiet and secretive way to avoid being noticed. (गुपचुप, चोरी छिपे)
Synonyms: Clandestine, Surreptitious, Subterranean, Underhand, Sneaky
Antonyms: Above-Board, Forthright, Plainspoken, Undisguised
Example: Crissy walked outside in a furtive manner so that her parents would not see her.
5. Summon (verb): Order (someone) to be present. (बुलवाना)
Synonyms : Muster, Subpoena, Beckon, Call
Antonyms: Dismiss, Terminate, Send, Banish
Example: We were summoned to the headmaster’s office.
Related: Summoned, Summoned
6. Protagonist (noun): The leading character or one of the major characters in a play, film, novel, etc. (नायक)
Synonyms: Hero, Lead, Principal, Good Guy
Antonyms: Adversary, Antagonist, Opponent, Foe
Example: A protagonist usually has an antagonist opposing his goals.
7. Inquisition (noun): A period of prolonged and intensive questioning. (न्यायिक जांच, परीक्षण)
Synonyms: Interrogation, Questioning, Quizzing, Cross-Examination, Probing. Inquest
Antonyms: Answer, Reply, Respond, Rejoinder
Example: The police subjected him to an inquisition that lasted twelve hours.
8. Feud (noun): A prolonged and bitter quarrel or dispute. (झगड़ा, कलह)
Synonyms: Vendetta, Bickering, Spat, Strife
Antonyms: Friendship, Comradeship, Amity, Camaraderie
Example: A ten-year-old feud between the two families.
9. Engrave (noun): Cut or carve (a text or design) on the surface of a hard object. (नक्काशी करना)
Synonyms: Carve, Inscribe, Incise, Chisel, Etch, Imprint
Antonyms: Erase, Expunge, Obliterate
Example: The stone was engraved with his name
10. Unravel (verb): To solve a crime or explain a mystery: (सुलझाना)
Synonyms: Decode, Decipher, Unriddle, Unknot
Antonyms: Puzzle, Entangle, Enmesh
Example: Scientists are still unravelling the secrets of DNA.
[whatsappsupport number=”917705960306″ text=”Join us on WhatsApp!” text-color=”#fff” text-bold=”700″ bg-color=”#22c15e” message=”Hello…” ]
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!