Vocabulary plays an important role in building confidence over English section for Defence exams as Vocabulary is the key player. The Hindu Vocabulary, the most useful Vocabulary words from The Hindu Editorial section. English section in every Defence exam has a few questions based on Vocabulary. Here we provide daily 10 words to build your Vocab Power and help you gain good marks in this section. We are providing a few vocabulary words for Vocabulary for Defence Exams.
We publish Daily Vocabulary notes for you so don’t forget to subscribe and share.
1. Carnal (adj): Relating to the physical feelings and wants of the body. (शारीरिक, जिस्मानी)
Synonyms: Sexual, Lascivious, Libidinous, Corporeal
Antonyms: Spiritual, Chaste, Mental, Psychological
Example: A priest is supposed to ignore carnal temptations and devote his life to the church.
2. Statute (noun): A written law passed by a legislative body. (क़ानून, विधान)
Synonyms: Ordinance, Regulation, Decree, Law, Act
Example: The salaries of most federal workers are set by statute.
3. Sodomy (noun): Anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex. (पुरुषमैथुन, गुदामैथुन)
Synonyms: Buggery, Pederasty, Pedication, Bestiality
Example: He is charged with rape, sodomy, kidnapping and stealing.
4. Bestiality (noun): Savagely cruel or depraved behaviour./copulation of person with an animal . (वहशीता, पशुगमन)
Synonyms: Brutality, Savagery, Barbarity, Depravity
Antonyms: Kindness, Nobility, Beneficence, Compassion
Example: I was shocked by the bestiality of their behaviour.
5. Castration (noun): To remove the testicles of a male animal or human. (बधिया करना)
Synonyms: Emasculation, Sterilisation, Expurgation , Gelding
Example: The castration of male calves was initiated to reduce fighting.
6. Felon (noun): A criminal who has committed a serious crime. (अपराधी)
Synonyms: Malefactor, Delinquent, Crook, Culprit
Antonyms: Innocent, Guiltless, Blameless
Example: The penalties for a felon being found in possession of a gun can be severe
7. Chattel (noun): (in general use) a personal possession. (जंगम संपत्ति)
Synonyms: Paraphernalia, Property, Movables, Belongings, Possessions
Antonyms: Immovables, Real Estate
Example: She packed up all her chattels and moved to a new state.
8. Tenement (noun): A neglected and overcrowded apartment building. (रहने की जगह, घर)
Synonyms: Condominium, Lodging, Flat, Apartment, Dwelling
Example: The tenement building is in such disrepair it should be demolished by the city.
9. Ecclesiastical (adj): Belonging to or connected with the Christian religion or church. (ईसाई धर्म संबंधी, गिरिजाघर संबंधी)
Synonyms: Sacerdotal, Canonical, Priestly, Churchly, Clerical
Antonyms: Secular, Non-Sectarian , Non-Clerical
Example : In order to be married in the church, our wedding vows needed to follow the ecclesiastical views of marriage.
10. Apparent (noun): Clearly visible or understood. (स्पष्ट, प्रत्यक्ष)
Synonyms: Manifest, Discernible, Perceptible , Perceivable, Evident
Antonyms: Obscure, Vague, Unclear, Dubious
Example: She laughed for no apparent reason.
You may also like to read:
- 650+ Physics Questions in Hindi for Defence Exams
- 700 General Awareness Questions for Navy AA & SSR Exam 2019
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!