Vocabulary plays an important role in building confidence over English section for Defence exams as Vocabulary is the key player. The Hindu Vocabulary, the most useful Vocabulary words from The Hindu Editorial section. English section in every Defence exam has a few questions based on Vocabulary. Here we provide daily 10 words to build your Vocab Power and help you gain good marks in this section. We are providing a few vocabulary words for Vocabulary for Defence Exams.
We publish Daily Vocabulary notes for you so don’t forget to subscribe and share.
1. Nuanced (adj): Made or done with extreme care and accuracy. (सूक्ष्म भेद युक्त)
Synonyms: Delicate, Exact, Nicety, Refined, Subtlety
Antonyms: Coarse, Inexact, Rough
Example: A nuanced, shaded representation of a hot-button issue that is too often depicted in black and white.
2. Consequential (adj): Having great meaning or lasting effect. (अहम, महत्त्वपूर्ण)
Synonyms: Important, Significant, Momentous, Weighty, Substantial
Antonyms: Trivial, Petty, Trifling, Paltry
Example: Computer is perhaps the most consequential invention of the twentieth century.
3. Unambiguous (adj): Expressed in a way that makes it completely clear what is meant. (स्पष्ट, साफ़)
Synonyms: Pellucid, Perspicuous, Luculent, Clear
Antonyms: Equivocal, Obfuscated, Obscure, Vague
Example: Instructions should be unambiguous.
4. Underpin (verb): To give support, strength, or a basic structure to something. (सहारा देना)
Synonyms: Support, Buttress, Corroborate, Reinforce
Antonyms: Disestablish, Dismantle, Destroy, Demolish
Example: When restoring the building, the first priority was to underpin the exterior walls by adding wooden supports along the foundations.
Related: Underpinned, Underpinned
5. Waiver (noun): The act or an instance of relinquishing a claim or right. (छूट-पत्र)
Synonyms: Renunciation, Disclaimer, Relinquishment, Disavowal
Antonyms: Sanction, Approval, Allowance
Example: The college got a special waiver from the town to exceed the building height limit.
6. Viable (adj): Capable of working successfully. (संभव, करने योग्य)
Synonyms: Feasible, Expedient, Workable, Practicable
Antonyms: Impossible, Unlikely, Undoable, Unattainable
Example: We hope to provide a viable alternative to car travel.
7. Entail (verb): To make something necessary, or to involve something: (आवश्यक बना देना, अपरिहार्य होना)
Synonyms: Subsume, Involve, Necessitate, Imply, Mean
Antonyms: Exclude, Omit, Leave Out, Eliminate
Example: Repairing the roof will entail spending a lot of money.
Related: Entailed, Entailed
8. Intrusive (adj): Causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited. (हस्तक्षेप करने वाले)
Synonyms: Prying, Invasive, Meddlesome, Officious
Antonyms: Unobtrusive, Non Interfering,
Example: She’s that proverbially intrusive neighbour who never knocks before coming in.
9. Chaotic (noun): In a state of complete confusion and disorder. (अस्तव्यस्त)
Synonyms: Unkempt, Pell-Mell, Helter-Skelter, Cluttered, Haywire
Antonyms: Organised, Systematic, Tidy
Example: The traffic in the city is chaotic in the rush hour.
10. Ally (noun): Someone who is ready to help you; a friend. (मित्र, साथी)
Synonyms: Associate, Friend, Partner, Confederate, Accomplice
Antonyms: Adversary, Enemy, Foe, Opponent
Example: The United States was Britain’s ally during World War II.
You may also like to read:
- Complete Mathematics Notes and Questions in Hindi for Navy AA, SSR and Air-Force Exam
- Physics Questions in English for Air-Force X Group Exam
- 300 Physics Questions in English for Navy SSR & AA Exams
प्रिय छात्रो, अगर आपका कोई भी सवाल हो तो Comment Box मे आप हमे Comment करके बता सकते हो हम आपको आपके सवालो का सही जवाब जरुर देंगे आप अपनी तरफ से सुजाव भी दे सकते हैं और आप अपने दोस्तों को Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter के जरिये शेयर कीजिए ताकि और भी Students को ज्ञान मिल पाए, धन्यवाद्!